Battery racks and battery rack systems manufactured by C&D Technologies are the industry standard for storing application-specific flooded or sealed (VRLA) battery strings. Their modular design allows for accessible maintenance and compatibility with existing equipment.
HM Cragg is an authorized distributor of C&D Technologies. For quotes, availability, or further information on C&D battery racks, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Flooded Battery Racks
C&D Technologies designs and manufactures “common-frame” heavy gauge steel battery racks for flooded batteries. These battery racks feature a “C-Channel” frame cross-section that is more robust than alternative designs and allows for additional bracing to be installed without the removal of batteries.
Standard Rack Features:
- 1-Tier, 2-Tier, 3-Tier, and 2-Step Series in standard and custom lengths
- Strut rails with flame retardant polyethylene rail covers
- Rugged “C-Channel” frame design
- Welded steel frames with an acid resistant, electrostatically applied epoxy powder coat, telephone gray
- EP racks qualified to meet maximum UBC seismic requirements, section 1630, for essential and above grade, zones 1-4
- Electrical Grounding Provisions built into base of each frame
- Flame retardant polyethylene rail covers provide electrical isolation
VRLA Battery Racks
Complete battery rack solutions from C&D Technologies are specifically designed for telecommunications applications. Standard cabinets, shelving and sliding drawer assemblies, custom designs, and pre-packaged battery cabinet systems are available through HM Cragg.
Standard Rack Features:
- Easy assembly using conventional tools for American Standard hardware
- Standard and Seismic racks certified to UBC 1997 Earthquake Seismic Level Zone 4 to insure a code-compliant, secure installation
- Standard racks are field convertible to meet Seismic Zone 4 requirements without uninstalling batteries or cables
- Available in as many as four tiers—each tier accommodates up to five batteries
- All rack components fabricated from 10 GA steel with welded end-frames
- Acid-resistant ASA61 gray epoxy powder coat paint
- Adjustable support rails for easy mounting include KYDEX plastic insulators to maintain electrical isolation between batteries and rack
- Ground strap mounting provisions insure personal safety—each vertical frame has two 15/32” mounting holes that accept single hole or dual hole lugs on 1” centers
- Pre-drilled 15/16” holes are provided at the base of each vertical frame for mounting